If you fancy discussing any of my blogs further (to agree, disagree, rant at, confide in etc etc), but don’t fancy posting a public comment, go ahead, I promise to reply asap:
My instagram is a space, for myself more than anything, where I tend to chat about mental health and post some questionable ‘selfies’. Feel free to give me a follow on @_emmaarobinson
If you would like immediate help, advice or support, here are a few contacts:
– The Samaritans: confidential support for people experiencing feelings of distress and despair, call 116 123.
– CALM: the Campaign Against Living Miserably, for men ages 15- 35, 0800585858.
– Mind: promotes the views and needs of people with mental health problems, 03001233393.
– No Panic: volunteer charity offering support for sufferers of panic attacks and obsessive compulsive disorder, 08449674848.
– SANE: emotional support for people affected by mental illness, their families and careers, 03003047000.
– Victim support: 24 hour helpline, 08081689111.
– Rethink Mental Illness: support and advice for people living with mental illness, 03005000927.
– Beat: the National charity for eating disorders, 08088010677 (for adults) or 08088010711 (for under 18s).
-Polly: A helpline and webchat for women and girls, aged 13+ and anyone who identifies as female. Run by and for women, 0808 802 0006; hipolly.org/chat.
I created a blog because I wanted to create a safe space that anyone could stumble across, read, relate to, or feel comforted by. Knowing that I could, potentially, help someone feel a little less alone is so worth being raw and honest for. Thank you for your support.